Website Community Memorial Hospital
Quality Healthcare Close To Home
Job Summary: The Certified Professional Coder is responsible for reviewing patient records ensuring proper diagnosis, procedure codes and modifiers are assigned to each visit. This position will work collaboratively with Physicians, Advanced Practice Practitioners (APPs), clinical team members, clerical team members and Revenue Cycle Manager. The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail, and a motivated team player.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs timely and accurate coding of the visit; ensuring diagnosis to the highest specificity, accurate E/M level and capture of all procedures/modifiers.
- Reviews the medical record to ensure consistency and accuracy as well as compliance with established third-party reimbursement agencies.
- Participates in regular education with all Physicians, APPs and other team members.
- Maintains current status, in good standing, with coding certificate. Remain updated and fluent with AAPC and other coding bulletins, newsletters and guidelines. Be prepared coding new and upcoming procedures.
- Assists patients in implementing solutions to reduce back end billing errors.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times. Complies with all HIPAA and privacy standards.
- Complies with organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- High school diploma.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)/ Certified Outpatient Coder (COC)
Required Experience: 4 to 5 years