Website Community Memorial Hospital
Quality Healthcare Close To Home
This position is responsible for managing the daily operations related to nursing care in line with clinical practice standards in an outpatient setting.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Oversees clinical nursing care, ensuring compliance with established regulations and standards including quality assurance, confidentiality, and medical record documentation.
- Provides direct supervision to nurses and subordinate staff, ensuring appropriate assessment and treatment of patient health.
- Provides continuing education for nursing staff.
- Serves as key problem-solving resource for staff on patient issues.
- Studies patient needs/trends, analyzes patient flow problems, and suggests solutions to patient care problems.
- Collaborates with Practice Manager, Director of Physician Services and Chief Medical Officer on development and implementation of nursing department’s mission, goals, policies, procedures, budget quality assurance plan, and work standards.
- Compiles/analyzes data on patient outcomes, quality assurance results, budget/goal achievement, and performance/productivity and prepares reports for administration.
- Works with clinical point of care nurse in each department/site to accurately monitor all clinical logs for accuracy and completion.
- Participates in medical practice planning related to clinic and emergency/disaster response system.
- Audit completed nursing notes, triage documentation and EMR reports run by clinical staff.
- Complete annual competencies for clinical staff including MOAs, LPNs, and RNs.
- Ensures that offices/departments are clinically staffed appropriately.
- Prepares nurse staffing schedules and completes nursing/subordinate staff payroll.
- Is a working supervisor in times of staffing shortages.
- Works with Patient Access Lead on office workflow processes and coverage.
- Collaborates with human resources department on recruiting, selecting, orienting/training, and evaluating nursing staff.
- Maintain confidentiality and address personnel issues appropriately using policy and established processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Nursing License from accredited school of nursing.
Experience: Minimum five years of professional nursing experience including two years supervisory-level experience, in medical practice setting.
- Current state RN license
- Current CPR certificate.
- Current ACLS certificate
- Knowledge of nursing practice principles and techniques, occupational health and safety hazards and standards, and health care laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission policies and protocols.
- Knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home practices.
- Knowledge of Multi-Specialty services and clinical care.
- Knowledge of budgetary, supervisory, human resources, and quality-improvement principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for patient care, for auditing, error correction, training and reporting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of clinical state-of-the-art advancements and trends in health care.
- Knowledge of principles of employee development to ensure appropriate training and mentoring of staff.
To apply for this job please visit communitymemorial.org.