PN for Physician Specialty Office at Hamilton Health Center (General Surgery)
Community Memorial Hospital is a critical access hospital located in Hamilton, NY a rural college town.
CMH is the process of a 31 million dollar transformation to update our brick and mortar to represent the quality of care that we administer to our patients. Alongside our physical improvements, we continue to invest in the latest medical technology for our hospital to ensure our patients are receiving the highest quality of care.
The most important part of our facility is our healthcare team, this team is what makes our facility a true leader in healthcare.
We are looking for a reliable LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) to care for patients in a professional and considerate manner. You will work under the supervision of a registered nurse or doctor. LPN professionals must be first and foremost qualified and compassionate. The ideal candidate will be experienced in General Surgery
- Record a patient’s medical history accurately
- Take and record measurements of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate etc.
- Collect samples for lab testing as assigned
- Provide emotional and psychological support when needed
- Communicate with patients’ family or friends to provide advice, comfort and release instructions
- Proven experience as LPN or similar role
- Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team
- Familiarity with clinic health, safety and sanitation standards and procedures
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best practices
- Excellent knowledge of medical and hospital terminology
- Good knowledge of MS Office and data entry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassionate and able to handle stress
- Successful completion of LPN license program is a must’