Website Community Memorial Hospital
Quality Healthcare Close To Home
Community Memorial is seeking a full-time Medical Office Assistant (MOA) for both administrative and clinical tasks in our Cazenovia Family Health Center.
- Manages patient records in an electronic medical record (EMR) system. Ensures that all paperwork needed for patient visit is available for provider prior to visit.
- Answer phones and return calls to patients with instructions from provider.
- Schedule appointments, ensure accurate demographic and insurance data, process co-payments, and register patients for appointments.
- Completes prior authorizations for medications, procedures, tests and surgeries.
- Prepare treatment rooms for clinical examinations and assist practitioners with medical procedures and other patient care.
- Room patients; obtain history, take vital signs, chief complaint, review medication list.
- Performs point of care laboratory testing: strep/flu, urine pregnancy, urinalysis, glucometer, EKG. Collects specimens and processes tests prior to sending to lab.
- Performs venipuncture at time of patient office visit.
- Collaborate with CMH departments and outside facilities to schedule patient tests.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Vision insurance
- Medical office
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, NY 13346: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit communitymemorial.org.