Website Community Memorial Hospital
Quality Healthcare Close To Home
Medical Surgery from 7:00pm to 7:00am
The Registered Professional Nurse is delegated the authority to provide professional nursing care as defined by the New York State Nurse Practice Act. The practice of the profession of nursing as a registered nurse is defined as diagnosing and treating human responses to actual or potential health problems through such services as case finding, health teaching, health counseling, and provision of care supportive to or restorative of life and well-being (Title VII, Education Law: Article 139, Nursing). The RN is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating care for a given patient population with the established standards and practices of CMH. This process is enacted through direct clinical practice, management of patient care and general professional activities.
- To provide a customer service oriented culture within his/her area which includes service orientation to work processes, staff customer service and actively participates and supports development of key customer service outcomes.
- To participate in performance improvement initiatives and other activities which support unit function and overall hospital philosophy and goals within the framework of the Mission, Vision and Values of the Hospital.
- To be responsible for all activities requiring assessment, planning, diagnosing, evaluating, judgement, problem solving, creating and implementing plan of care.
- To administer prescribed medications in accordance with policies and procedures of CMH.
- To coordinate the activities carried out by licensed and unlicensed assistive personnel.
- Critical thinking skills within the principles of the nursing process and to maintain appropriate written documentation to reflect the accuracy of the care.
- To use effective oral, written and nonverbal communication skills to ensure proper care is provided and that care team is aware of the patient care plan.
- To provide appropriate education to patients and families to promote health, facilitate rehabilitation and maintain wellness.
- To serve as patient/family advocate.
- Cooperate and collaborate with all members of the health care team as defined through the Hospital’s Values.
- Provide professional judgement and knowledge of roles, as well as rules and regulations that govern nursing practice.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job please visit communitymemorial.org.