Website Community Memorial Hospital
Quality Healthcare Close To Home
Community Memorial Hospital in HAMILTON NY looking for a sterile processing technician to be responsible for the sterilization and cleaning of medical equipment, instruments, and supplies. The sterile processing technician’s responsibilities include retrieving contaminated supplies and delivering sterile supplies, maintaining inventory, and preparing sterile instrument trays for surgeries, examinations, and procedures.
To be a successful sterile processing technician, you should be meticulous with strong attention to detail. You should have a good working knowledge of a variety of sterilization techniques and be able to work with fragile equipment.
Sterile Processing Technician Responsibilities:
· Collecting used and contaminated equipment, instruments, and supplies for sorting and decontamination.
· Manually cleaning supplies of contaminants, removing waste matter, and operating and maintaining decontamination equipment.
· Preparing and packing decontaminated supplies for sterilization.
· Monitoring and operating sterilization equipment.
· Examining supplies meticulously to ensure they are properly cleaned and sanitized.
· Testing and reporting any issues or problems with the sterilization equipment.
· Sterilizing, preparing, wrapping, and organizing equipment into instrument trays for use during medical procedures.
· Preparing and delivering all necessary equipment and instruments for surgeries, examinations, medical procedures, and medical carts.
· Maintaining records of sterilization procedures, sterilized items, equipment maintenance, and supplies.
· Controlling the inventory, reordering supplies, and checking expiration dates.
Sterile Processing Technician Requirements:
- Has successfully passed (or willing to complete in 1 year) a nationally accredited central service exam and holds and maintains the following credential administered by a nationally accredited central service technician credentialing organization (e.g., certified registered central service technician)
- Is a student or intern performing the functions of a sterile processing technician or CST if the student or intern is under the direct supervision of an appropriately licensed or certified healthcare professional and is functioning within the scope of the student’s or intern’s training
- Works in accordance with Public Health Law (Rules, Requirements, and Use of Central Service Technicians)
- A clear background check and proof of up-to-date immunizations.
- Strong attention to detail, vigilance, and meticulous care on the job.
- Good judgment and critical-thinking skills.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to handle fragile equipment.
- Technical skills and familiarity with sterilization techniques.
- The ability to work well in a team or independently.
- 1 to 2 years of experience
- Certified (CRCST) preferred
- Demonstrates technical skills and good organizational skills
- Must be able to perform in a team environment – in a fast paced atmosphere
- Vacation & Sick Time
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance available
- 403b with match
- Company Paid Life Insurance