Community Memorial Hospital in Hamilton, NY is hiring a part-time Patient Access Switchboard Operator!
Job Summary: The Switchboard Operator functions as the first point of contact in our Communication Center which includes answering the main hospital switchboard. Welcoming all internal and external customers and callers in a friendly, professional, and courteous manner. They coordinate information and communication systems to achieve high-quality customer service. Duties will include answering switchboards, coordinating alarm procedures, dispatching information service trouble calls, and information window. Able to work various shifts which may include holidays and weekends.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· 1 year experience required, preferably in a hospital environment
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Fluency in the English language. Knowledge of additional languages is desirable
· Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and procedures
· Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors
· Detail oriented and achieve a high level of accuracy in daily work
· Ability to work well under pressure
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 – $19.62 per hour
To apply for this job please visit communitymemorial.org.