Website Community Memorial Hospital
Quality Healthcare Close To Home
Community Memorial Hospital located in Hamilton NY, has an exciting new position in Team Care. We are the only 5 STAR Hospital in Patient Satisfaction in NYS!!!
This role engages deeply in a patient visit, working closely with providers in treating patients and being present in the visit from beginning to end. The TCA should be someone that is comfortable working in a team environment and is capable of performing a wide range of clinical duties, while assisting the provider inside the exam room of a typical medical office setting. The TCA-LPN works directly with other TCAs, Physicians, Advanced Practice Practitioners and the Reception team. This position offers opportunity for growth and development through this new unique and rewarding role. Advancement opportunities to TCA-LPN II and TCA-LPN III.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Inside the exam room the TCA will:
· Set up instruments and equipment according to department protocols.
· Control the visit with appropriate boundaries.
· Collect a patient’s preliminary medical data.
· Obtain vital signs and complete eye examinations.
· Verbally present data to the provider, in front of the patient.
· Accurately scribe the entire visit.
· Implement the provider’s plan.
· Close the visit with the patient.
o Perform patient education within license restrictions about illness/medical condition, in relation to diet, exercise, use of medications, diagnostics, or in home testing, to insure good patient outcomes
o Review the After Visit Summary (AVS) with the patient.
Outside the exam room the TCA will:
· Carry out provider’s orders, including authorization of refills according to established protocols and administering treatments.
· Communicate with patients and insurance companies, by phone, when necessary.
· Correctly complete requisitions, sending specimens to the correct lab, per insurance.
· Perform accurate lab linkage and complete medical necessity ABNs.
· Follow insurance guidelines for preauthorization, diagnostic scheduling, referrals, and specialty visits.
· Understand health insurance guidelines for pre-authorizations, referral processes.
· Schedule diagnostics/specialist visits within network guidelines, as ordered by the provider.
· Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control
· Order, sort and store supplies; and restock exam/procedure rooms.
· Perform CLIA-waived testing; venipunctures; specimen handling such as urine, throat, vaginal, stool, and sputum; EKG testing; completing lab draws; emergency first aid; administering immunizations and injections; biohazard waste disposal and monitoring.
· Monitor vaccine, medication and laboratory supplies; coordinating with CMH hospital departments as appropriate