Richelle Takemoto, MD
Dr. Takemoto is a board-certified Orthopaedic surgeon who completed fellowship training in Orthopaedic Trauma. She has offices in both Hamilton and New Hartford. She specializes in comprehensive fracture care and total joint arthroplasty of the shoulder, knee and hip.
Dr. Takemoto is originally from Honolulu, Hawaii and is a graduate of the Punahou School. She earned her undergraduate degree from Bryn Mawr College in 1999. She is a graduate of Temple University School of Medicine, where she earned her MD in 2002. She completed a residency in orthopaedic surgery from NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York City under the tutelage of renowned surgeon, Dr. Joseph Zuckerman. After that, she completed the Altman Fellowship in Orthopaedic Trauma at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh. Dr. Takemoto is an active member of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association, AO North America and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Takemoto is an avid fan of combat sports and when she is not in the operating room or seeing patients, she enjoys spending time competing in jujitsu and hunting and fishing with her family.
- 1995-99: Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Bryn Mawr College
- 2002-06: Medical Doctorate, Temple University School of Medicine
- 2006-12: Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases
- 2012-13: Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, Allegheny General Hospital
- 2015-Present: Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2009-Present: New York State License
- 2009: National Practitioner Identifier
- 2012-14: Pennsylvania State License
- 2013-16: Hawaii State License